Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dudes Weekend

Sean and Mason sweetly decided to give their overheated and exhausted wife/mother a little break this weekend while they spent some time quality male bonding time together outside of the home. After work on Friday, Sean came home to pick Mason up and take him to dinner before heading to my parents house to spend the night. My parents were out of town for the weekend so they had the place to themselves (thanks Hotel BeBe and Papa!). They had a large breakfast on the patio Saturday morning and played in my parents backyard/creek area before cleaning up and heading out to Dick's to look at baseball gloves and tents. Then they enjoyed playing at Chic-Fil-A for lunch before going back to my parents for Mason's nap. When he woke up, they headed out to Dr Pepper Ballpark to watch the Frisco Roughriders play. This was Mason's first baseball game and while he didn't stay interested the whole time, they had a blast. The smaller stadium is easy to manage with a two-year-old, and they had a lot of fun games for kids. The tickets are so cheap that Sean bought front row seats which were cool for them, but he said next time he'd get the general admission ones where they can sit on a blanket on the lawn where a lot of other kids were. They got home around 9:00 on Saturday night which gave me a total of 27 hours to myself! I love my boys but I really enjoyed the 'me' time.

I didn't do anything too exciting while they were gone. Relaxing was my #1 goal and I accomplished that. I caught a movie on Friday night, slept in on Saturday, read an entire magazine over coffee, took a long shower, strolled some shops, and took it easy around the house. I ordered take-out on Saturday night and then when I realized the guys would be home soon, I finally decided to make it look like I had done something and cleaned up a little around the house. It was the perfect amount of time for a little break and I was so excited to see them when they got home. Mason came running into my arms when he came through the door and couldn't get the words out of his mouth fast enough to tell me how much fun he had. Sean shared the same feeling and told me it was one of their best ever days together. Mason didn't throw one fit or give him any issues - I guess the little stinker saves those moments for Mommy!

I'm so thankful for such a thoughtful husband that's also such a great dad. Here are some pics Sean texted me over the weekend.

 
Not one to let any ice cream go to waste!

Loves his new cow watch from Chic-Fil-A!

I'm thinking this shot won't be making any photo albums. :)

Helping Sean load the truck!

Watching warm-up

This boy is a magnet to bounce houses and found one at the game!
Waving to Mommy from the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment