Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Harrison's Baptism

Harrison was baptized this past Sunday, June 22, 2014! We wanted to do this at a time when Sean's parents were visiting from Seattle, and are thankful the date worked with our church as well as the rest of our family members. My grandma wasn't feeling well enough to travel in from Louisiana, but everyone else in our close family was present. It really meant a lot to us having them all witness his ceremony!

It was a beautiful day and Harrison was as charming as ever. He made the congregation laugh when he kept trying to get his hands on the pastors hymnal, and smiled at everyone as he was walked around. He wore the same outfit my brother and nephew did when they were baptized. Mason was a little too chunky to fit in it when he was baptized three years ago, but Feltman Bros. still makes the same outfit so he wore a new, bigger, version of it at his baptism. My sister and brother, Aunt Jen-Jen and Uncle Doug, are his (and Mason's) Godparents.

My parents hosted a lunch at their house following church, and my mom and Aunt Patsy fattened us up once again with a delicious meal! I'm still trying to decide which I liked better: the white chocolate raspberry bundt cake, or the coconut delight. I think I need to sample each again before I decide. ;)

The following is from the church bulletin, and I just love how it's put: With God's help, we will so order our lives after the example of Christ, that Harrison Scott, surrounded by steadfast love, may be established in the faith, and confirmed and strengthened in the way that leads to life eternal.

Reaching for that hymnal!

Getting baptized! 



The Godparents

Handsome fellas

The Henderson's

Henderson's with my sister's family (Gadek's), and Aunt Patsy (Mimi) 
The Robison's

Our parents/the boys' grandparents

Doug is the Godfather for all four of his niece and nephews!

With our pastor, Dr. Stan Copeland

The church  bulletin









No comments:

Post a Comment