Thursday, May 17, 2012

Birthday/Mother's Day Weekend

This year, Mother's Day happened to fall on my birthday. I was spoiled all weekend long and there was definitely enough celebrating to cover both occasions. Sean surprised me by taking the day off on Friday so we could spend some extra time together and so I could go shopping (thanks for the gift card Mom and Dad R!) and get a mani/pedi while he stayed home with Mason. My mani/pedi was at Renew Spa at NorthPark mall in the late afternoon which turned out to be perfect because Sean and Mason were able to met me up there after and we headed over to Maggiano's for dinner. I have to tease Sean a little for the 'diaper bag' that he packed. He literally brought a diaper and Mason's water. Oh, and Mason was wearing a white shirt to eat pasta in. Thankfully a nice grandma who was dining with her grandson gave us a disposable bib to borrow and we ended up making do without everything else! Once we put Mason to bed that evening we relaxed with a martini (or two) by the fire (yes, the fire - it's my birthday I can do what I want!).

After a family walk on Saturday morning Sean let me enjoy the house to myself while he took Mason to the bike store. When they returned Mason and I headed over to Emily's clubhouse for her Mickey Mouse-themed 2nd birthday party. He always has a blast playing with her toys and I enjoyed a glass of champagne (or two) with the other moms on the Pfeiffer's beautiful new patio. While Mason napped that afternoon I spent another hour or so doing some shopping before coming home to get ready for our Make-A-Wish night. Our friend Shelly who invited us to the event was celebrating her birthday that night so it gave us even more reason to celebrate!

Sunday morning we had intended on going to brunch at Patrizio's, but when we hit the sack Saturday night I told Sean what really sounded good to me was coffee and donuts in bed. He got up like a champ the next morning and took Mason to the donut store and we did just that. It was so relaxing and perfect. Mason almost looked guilty when we allowed him to have some donut holes. He didn't want us to change our minds so he starting stuffing them in his mouth as fast as he could!

After breakfast we packed Mason up and got ready for a Mother's/Birth Day celebration at my sisters house with her family and my parents. We indulged in excellent appetizers and lunch and just enjoyed each others company while having a cocktail (or two) on the patio. Mason had so much fun playing at his cousins house. My 12-year old nephew still had his Thomas the Train engines at the top of the closet and Mason took them over like they had always been his. Then he jumped, and jumped (or as he says, 'juh, juh!) on their (enclosed) trampoline with Madison. After he had some quiet time in his pack 'n play in Madison's room (or as I like to call it, the relaxation chamber - she has made her room very spa-like), he came back out to play. My brother-in-law gave him a slice of watermelon and we stripped him down as we knew that would get really messy. The best way to clean off is obviously the water hose, so our little naked sweetheart entertained himself for quite a while with that!

My dream dinner is a plate full of appetizers, so that night we had shrimp cocktail, artichoke, cheese, apples and olives - with martinis then wine, of course!

Monday night the celebration continued with a Mom's Night Out with the moms of my playgroup. We went to Mercy Wine Bar and chatted over a glass of wine (or three) on the patio, followed by some yummy food and dessert.

My brother came in town the weekend before and we celebrated with him while he was here. It's always entertaining to get together with him!

Thanks to everyone who helped make my weekend memorable and Happy Mother's Day to my mom, mother-in-law, sister and all my wonderful friends!


Celebrating Emily's Birthday! (She's the one in her birthday suit!) ;)
Birthday Breakfast
Looking worried that this might end soon!
Happy Mother's Day!
My dad and I
Madison mid-flip!
Mom opening her gardening gift
Me and my little man
Cake!
Running to the hose
Spraying off the watermelon from the trampoline
Yeah!!!
He thought it was so funny when Madison dumped water on his head
Brian and Matthew playing soccer
MNO! Lizzy, Caroline, Amanda and Alice




No comments:

Post a Comment