Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I hope all the dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day! I think Sean would agree that we had a wonderful day around here. Mason and I let him sleep in on Sunday while we made a sausage and cheddar cheese strata for him for breakfast. After breakfast and opening gifts (which included matching Father/Son swimsuits), we had a lazy morning around the house then headed to the park. Mason had a blast playing with his daddy, running around with Hazel, and going down the slide a million times.

After relaxing during Mason's nap we headed out to my parents house to celebrate with my dad. The Gadek's were there too and we all enjoyed the amazing spread my parents had put together.

I am so thankful for the relationship I have with my father, and he is an amazing Papa to Mason. I get many of my particular ways from him, all the way down to the way I spread peanut butter and jelly on my sandwich. It's nice to be able to pinpoint where I get my left brain tendencies from!

The relationship between Sean and Mason is really something special and unique. I have so much joy watching them together and look forward to the wonderful father/son memories they'll make. Sean had a great childhood with his father and has already started teaching Mason the many things his father taught him (starting with tools - I'll do a post soon about the work bench Sean recently made Mason!). With Sean's parents living in the Seattle area we don't have the luxury of seeing them as much as my parents, but are hoping for a visit sometime this summer! We miss them tremendously, especially on days like Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads in our lives. Hope your families spoiled you!

Sausage and Cheddar Cheese Strata - forgot to take a picture before we dug in!
Cooking in our jammies
Merry-go-round!

Heading down the tunnel slide

Daddy does it too!


Taking a quick break

His sweet cheeks get so flushed when he's hot
Follow the leader

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Father's Day 2012

Laughing with BeBe & Papa!


This is his "cheese" face

He's a squirmy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment