Monday, December 17, 2012

Mason's Fire Truck Birthday Party!

Mason's fire truck-themed 2nd birthday party was a huge success! He has loved fire trucks for a long time so this theme only seemed appropriate. Ultimately, my goal was to get a fire truck at his party, but the Dallas Fire Department doesn't do private events and it was quite costly to rent one through a party service. So I put together a bunch of fire truck crafts for the kids to do instead as an activity, and pretty much told myself that my wish to get a truck at his party wasn't going to happen. That's until I randomly ran into a fireman from our neighborhood station a couple of days before Mason's party. He wasn't working the Saturday shift, but said it wouldn't hurt to try and bribe the guys with some yummy breakfast the morning of and ask if they could swing by for just 5 minutes. Well wouldn't you know that a little bribery worked! They sped by once with their sirens on and while that was so cool, I thought to myself that my muffins must not have been too good if that's all we're going to get. Turns out they actually got a call when they turned on our street and legitimately had to go! They came back as soon as they could though and let the kiddos play on the truck for a good 15-20 minutes. I am so happy it all worked out and couldn't thank the firemen enough. They made Mason's 2nd birthday party one we'll never forget!


I took way too many pictures, so instead of going on and on about the party, I'll let the photos do the work. Enjoy!


The Decorations
The activity 'stations'. Build Your Own Firetruck, Coloring, and Edible Fire Hoses
The guests
More guests
Party action. I love the 'my two dads' photo on the bottom right with Sean & Uncle Brian. :)


The Fire Truck!!!

Fun on the truck
Sean made Mason a kitchen for his gift and he loved it! He's also obsessed with this helicopter from BeBe & Papa.

Time for cake! Silly boy wouldn't use his hands.
Happy Birthday, Mason!


No comments:

Post a Comment