Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Fun: Part 2

Last week Mason had two more Easter egg hunts, a visit with the Easter Bunny, and of course, Easter Sunday to celebrate. The YMCA that we're members of holds an annual hunt that we, and half of the members of the Y, decided to attend. There was a small area intended for kiddos under two, but I don't think the big kids got the message. The eggs were gone before Mason's feet were even on the ground. Mason was there with his sweet friend Kennedy and they did somehow manage to walk away with a few eggs each (I may or may not have cut off an eight year old to grab an egg for Mason). After the egg hunt Mason ran around and played with Kennedy while we waited for the line to the Easter Bunny to die down. He was fascinated by the Easter Bunny's teeth and somehow I managed to get a pretty good picture with them together on my phone. Both mine and Amanda's real cameras died, so we didn't get many other pictures and the ones I got of the two of them together weren't in the best light. We joked that we needed to dress them in the same outfits and perform a redo for photos sake.

"I found one!"

"I've got my eyes on you, big kids."

"What do you have there?"

"Don't mind if I do..."

Happy Easter!

We were also invited to our annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt and had a really great time socializing with the other kids and parents of the 'hood. Such a great time that again, we didn't get many pictures. We showed up about five minutes late, meaning all the eggs had been found, but before we even got to the lawn where the egg hunt was taking place 3-4 kids were sharing their eggs with Mason. They didn't want him to walk away empty handed and we were moved by their kindness. He's lucky to have friends looking out for him!

On Easter Sunday Mason had a blast in the church nursery while Sean and I enjoyed the Easter sermon. When we picked him up he was on top of some foam mats leaning against the wall with a pillow, and his hair was wet from sweat. The teachers said he played hard and was taking a rest from all the action. If you know Mason, you know he rarely sits still so Sean and I found this really cute.


Posing with Daddy after church

Mommy and Mason

After church we ran home for a couple things then headed to my parents for Easter lunch with them and the Gadek's. Mason ate lunch when we got there and then BeBe and Aunt Jen hid eggs while Mason went through his Easter basket. Matthew and Madison were told to not grab any of the eggs in plain sight as those were for Mason. I love how people are always thinking of him! He found the lucky $20 egg but was much more excited with the eggs that rattled from candy inside (Mommy and Daddy snuck those eggs away and put them in his cousins baskets). Mason napped over there while we enjoyed Easter lunch and carrot cake, followed by wine and relaxing in the living room.

His basket was full of goodies: shovels, matchbox cars, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, stickers, a book and yogurt melts

The Gadeks: Matthew, Jennifer, Brian and Madison

"Another picture? I'd really just like to go through my basket now."

"Okay, okay - I'll smile for you!"

The ladies

Me and my sis!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment