Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunday Funday

Our definition of a Sunday Funday isn't quite the same as the popular slang definition of the term, but nonetheless, a fun day two Sunday's ago was had. It started with a morning baseball game for my nephew, Matthew's, team. Mason idolizes Matthew and really enjoyed watching the game. Matthew's sister, my niece Madison, is so wonderful with Mason and is pretty much a guaranteed babysitter when she's around. She and her friend had a good time playing with Mason in a fenced in area next to the field. It was nice to be able to talk to the rest of my family and watch the game while Mason had fun with his cousin! The Mavericks (Matthew's team) went on to not only win the game, but to win the tournament as well! Way to go #44! We can't wait to catch one of Madison's soccer games in the near future. She plays defense like her Aunt Alice and I know I'll be beaming with pride when we watch her in action.

Papa, BeBe, Aunt Jen, Mason and Madison. Matthew's peeking through from the dugout!


Cheering on with Papa!

Cousins!

Rough housing with Uncle Brian

We left the game a little before lunchtime and decided to have a Mexican lunch on the patio. Uncle Julio's was on the way home so we grabbed a patio seat and enjoyed the nice weather while we dined. Sean and I found it cute that Mason dipped every bite into the (mild) salsa. Sometimes he'd just suck the salsa off then re-dip. My parents tell a story of me eating salsa with a spoon at a restaurant when I was two and it looks that I passed that trait down to him!


Mason went down for his nap when we got home and after doing some projects around the house Sean also took a doze while I ran some baby-free errands. It's amazing what all I can accomplish in a small amount of time when I'm alone! When he woke we headed to my parents house for a yummy pork shoulder and lima bean dinner. We enjoyed wine and dessert in their beautiful yard and Mason kept holding up his water to 'cheers' with BeBe. As I mentioned, Matthew's team went all the way in his tournament so the Gadek's were at the ball fields and weren't able to join. We missed them but are so happy for the Mavericks!

Enjoying BeBe's flowers

Cheers!

Laughing with Papa

We're thankful to have family close and just wish that Grandma and Grandad R, Uncle Doug, and the Schnur family were a little bit closer so we could see them all more. Mason was wearing a Hawaiian shirt Grandma and Grandad R brought him from their most recent visit to Hawaii so they were there in spirit!

Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment